Deed Poll (Change/Add/Remove of Name)

Cost: S$50 (NETT fixed price)

A person is able to change his name (change Chinese characters, add English name, delete Hanyu Pinyin name, change surname, delete English names) by making a declaration by way of a deed poll, which is signed by the person in front of a lawyer.

For changing children's name (below 21 years old), BOTH PARENTS MUST COME DOWN TO SIGN the deed poll. If you are a single parent, divorced or spouse died, please click on FAQ button below.

Do note we have space constrains due to social distancing measures.
Please do not bring children to the appointment - they are not required for the deed poll even if you are changing their names.

The deed poll is accepted by the ICA for the issue of a new NRIC and/or passport. The birth certificate however cannot be amended to the new name.

Scope of work
Our nett fixed fee includes:
- For changing/amending/removing name
- 5 minutes consulation
- Up to 2 revisions
- 1 x original signed Deed Poll to take home on the same day
- Lawyer and solictor witness and stamp

For all other purposes asides from changing/amending/removing name, please ONLY whatsapp/SMS us.


  1. Please book appointment by online system below AND check junk folder if you do not receive email confirmation

    We operate strictly by online appointment only. Please do not walk-in

  2. Come to our office at Golden Mile Tower on appointment date and bring NRIC only

    For child (<21 years old) bring NRIC/birth certificate. Children do NOT need to come.
    For single parent, we do NOT need to see divorce papers or spouse's death certificate. Please click on the FAQ below for more information.

  3. We will prepare the deed poll which takes less than twenty (20) minutes.

  4. Check the deed poll for mistakes. If there are no mistakes, our lawyer will paste the red seal and stamp the "Advocate & Solicitor" stamp and make one original deed poll for you.

  5. Bring the deed poll to ICA within 28 days to change your NRIC. For children below 15 years old, bring to school to change school records and hold on to the deed poll until they reach 15 years to make NRIC; if you wish to change child's passport, you can do so at ICA.

  6. You can also make online application with ICA at

If you are a foreigner or single parent, please be sure to read the FAQ below

If you have any questions about deed poll, please read our detailed deed poll FAQ below before sending a SMS/Whatsapp: